PhyloGeographer is a data-driven method for objectively computing theoretical migrations of Y-haplogroup lineages.
It attempts to answer the question of where your fathers' fathers' fathers' etc were living, all the way back to Y-chromosomal "Adam".
- Get Your Ancestors On the Map!
- Get Your Ancestors' Story!
- Y-DNA Consulting (w/ package discount)
- Y-STR Analysis to Determine Group Relationships
11/27/2018 - New Y-DNA Consulting services
11/4/2018 - All haplogroup migrations computed except Q
11/4/2018 - Adam haplogroup project traces back to "Adam" from haplogroup root locations
10/9/2018 - Updated with all YFull regional codes
9/21/2018 - Shop added
9/20/2018 - Y-DNA Haplogroup G calibrated with Ancient DNA
9/13/2018 - First Newsletter Sent!
What it Does Now
- Computes migration paths of Y haplogroups from a set of geolocated samples
- Overlays computed migration on top of a map of Archaeological Horizons
- Incorporates ancient DNA samples from most haplogroups, which are weighted more by the algorithm
- Regularly updated from YFull's tree to stay current
It is my passion to work on this project, but I cannot continue unsupported indefinitely. I am looking for academic partners / donors to help fund me to accomplish the following goals:
- Improve algorithm to work across International Date Line to compute migrations of haplogroup Q (Nov 2018)
- Incorporate YFull TMRCA (Time to Most Recent Common Ancestor) along with formation dates that are currently used (Nov 2018)
- Find academic partner to collaborate with to expand Archaeological Horizons (Dec 2018)
- Use topographical data to make migration paths avoid impassable mountains - implement A* pathing algorithm for this (Jan 2019)
- Identify times and places of co-migrations, when multiple groups may have migrated together (Jan 2019)
Haplogroup project administrators have access to increasingly more and better data.
The dynamic and growing nature of the data set demands a dynamic, scalable, data-driven approach.
PhyloGeographer gives them an objective way to compute migration paths and share them with project members.