Changes to Geographic Codes
- With the recent YFull update I added 30 new regional codes, affecting 17 countries:
Albania, Cyprus, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Greece, Iceland, Korea, Libya, Morocco, Macedonia, Palestine, Qatar, Serbia, Russia, Sudan, Somalia, Taiwan
AL-EL, AL-GJ, AL-HA, AL-SR, AL-TE, CY-04, EG-JS, GB-ANN, GR-07, IS-8, KR-45, LY-WS, MA-FES, MA-LAR, MA-SIK, MK-VL, PS-JRH, PS-RBH, QA-US, RS-11, RS-23, RU-KYA, SC-ABN, SC-ARN, SC-DDE, SC-WRS, SD-09, SO-BN, SO-SA, TW-CYI
- Corrected a few regional codes in Somalia.
- Changed location of "CEU" (Utah residents of Northwest European ancestry) to be Antwerp from Scotland.
Changes to 'Crossing Paths' Migration View
- All subclades now labeled in yellow.
- YFull samples now shown on the map with orange labels, if toggled. They are connected to their terminal subclade by a line colored according to major subclade.Since the beginning people have asked to see all samples. Providing them is good because it will help illuminate and resolve issues such as incorrect geocode to location mapping as well as issues with the algorithm itself.
Interesting finds this Update
- Macedonian has 1200 BC TMRCA with many Chinese - O-F779
- Kievan Rus or other Viking turned Russian possibly Black Sea Cossack exiled to Siberia? I-Y21972
- Cambodian of Chinese descent - O-MF2541
Goals for Next Update
- Integrate ancient samples and more exact locations for YFull samples input by collaborators using the New Collaboration System
- Find more collaborators to add ancient samples and exact locations for YFull samples in their haplogroup and surname projects
- Charts showing specificity of YFull sample location [unknown, country level or country-region level] by haplogroup